Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Up In The Air

Things are a little up in the air toward the end of this pregnancy.  

My blood pressure remained normal until about 34 weeks this time, but has continued to rise pretty quickly over the last two weeks.  At 34 weeks it was roughly 120/78.  At 35 weeks it was 140/78.  This week it was about 138/88.  I have gotten readings at home as high as 150/100.  

With Caleb's pregnancy, the doctor decided to induce when my blood pressure was at 140/90; that was at 38 weeks.  This time around he is still wanting to monitor things closely, so I will go back for a blood pressure check on Thursday.  He said he may order blood work on Thursday if my blood pressure is still high.  He will also be considering when it's best to get this baby out :-)

In other news, I am dilated to 3 cm.  This is consistent with Caleb's pregnancy as I walked around for a few weeks at a 3 and then a 4.

Please continue to pray for my health and well-being as well as Sarah's.

Will Sarah be a July baby?

2 comments:

  1. sending thoughts and prayers your way that you can keep Sarah in longer!

    ReplyDelete