Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Delicious Pumpkin Gingerbread

I made Pumpkin Muffins for Breakfast yesterday morning.  Yumm!  The problem is that the recipe calls for 1 cup of pumpkin, which is only 1/2 of the can.  I didn't want to double the recipe, because that would be too many muffins for sure...

So I searched allrecipes.com for another pumpkin recipe.  I found a great one!


This Pumpkin Gingerbread is divine...if you like that sort of thing.  I decreased the recipe to half the number of servings and used what I had left of the pumpkin from breakfast.  Waste not, want not...I'm sure glad I didn't!

I've also copied the address below as I made it.  The original recipe yields two loaves, but the halved version yields one.

Pumpkin Gingerbread


  • 1-1/2 cups sugar
  • 1/2 cup vegetable oil
  • 2 eggs
  • 1/3 cup water
  • 1/2 (15 ounce) can pumpkin puree
  • 1 teaspoon ground ginger
  • 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
  • 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
  • 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
  • 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 3/4 teaspoon salt
  • 1/4 teaspoon baking powder


  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease two 9x5 inch loaf pans.
  2. In a large mixing, combine sugar, oil and eggs; beat until smooth. Add water and beat until well blended. Stir in pumpkin, ginger, allspice cinnamon, and clove.
  3. In medium bowl, combine flour, soda, salt, and baking powder. Add dry ingredients to pumpkin mixture and blend just until all ingredients are mixed. Divide batter between prepared pans.
  4. Bake in preheated oven until toothpick comes out clean, about 1 hour.  I had to leave the loaf in the oven an additional 10 minutes.  Just use the toothpick test and you'll be fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment