Sunday, January 2, 2011

Resolutions

  1. Drink more water. This is a repeat from last year, but I know I should go for it again. The benefits far outweigh the cons. The body craves water and the wallet is heavier when I obey the craving.
  2. Make a stronger effort to remember birthdays. I sit here with a card organizer. I will use it. I will use it. I'm filling in the birthdays today and my most immediate goal is to purchase cards to fill it.
  3. Nag less. Jadie would appreciate this. And I'm sure I will appreciate the resulting husband who isn't annoyed or frustrated by me. Win-win. (a) about things I am annoyed that he's not doing. A reminder is received better than incessant nagging. Knowing the difference is key. (b) about the things I want him to do that he just isn't up for. Staying at home when I really wanted to go somewhere is not the end of the world.
  4. Revert back to my love of lists. Seriously, how can they not be helpful? Leaving them at home is not helpful, but the list itself is indispensable.
  5. Be present. When I learn how to do this, I'll let you know. But for now, I will try to control my urge to be constantly moving. Oh, and that urge to be doing more than one thing at a time. Multi-tasking really isn't as great as I once thought. Really, I'm only doing two things with subpar effort instead of just doing one thing really well. And I miss enjoying the people I'm surrounded with.

No comments:

Post a Comment