Thursday, January 27, 2011

I Will Not Cry...

After holding onto Caleb's clothes for the past 5 years, I have finally let go.

I have been holding onto them JUST IN CASE we have another baby.  And we still might.  But taking up two lengths of shelf space in the shed was getting ridiculous.  The collection of Rubbermaids really snowballed after Sarah started outgrowing her clothes, too.

So, I spent a few minutes in mourning and I started sorting.  One pile for Goodwill, one pile for Baby Charlie (9 months), one pile for Baby Ethan (due any minute), and one pile to consign.

Little did I know, it was my lucky day.  If you believe in that sort of thing.  Luck, I mean.

First, I had to figure out how to get Sarah and two Rubbermaid bins into the store.  Then, the store clerk explained to me their NEW clothes buying policy!  Once she went through my clothes, she would be offering me CASH MONEY or STORE CREDIT right away!  No more waiting 3 months just to see if anything sold.  The store was going to BUY my clothes from me up front!  Yay!

What did I manage to walk away with?  From 2 bins of clothes sized newborn to 3T, I was offered $154 cash or $194 store credit!  Take a deep breath...read it again...

This momma has some mad money stored up for the next time I want to go kid's clothes shopping!

And IF another baby comes along, I'll bet there will still be some credit in that store account to furnish a new wardrobe...or at least part of it!

No comments:

Post a Comment