Thursday, January 21, 2010

Family Hit By Tornado

My family was affected by a tornado this evening. Please be praying for them as they assess the damage and try to put their lives back together.

They are safe tonight. Thank you, Jesus. When the storm came, Uncle Doug and Aunt Debra were home and took cover in the bathroom, then in the closet. Kayla was at work in Canton, which was also affected by the storm system, but the building she was in was not directly hit.

They lost several barns and anmials have gotten loose because of fences being down. From the pictures I was able to find on the news channel website, it looks as though thier house has been badly damaged.

Video of Aunt Debra on the news

Scroll down past the photo box and the first video to the second video.

2 comments:

  1. So glad your family is safe! I will be praying as they deal with all that is damaged.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lauren,
    We'll definitely be praying for your family as they feel the impacts of this storm on their lives.

    As much as I'd love to, I can't take credit for our lights! My husband LOVES Christmas lights. I came home from work one day, and they were done. It was glorious!

    ReplyDelete