Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Rundown for the Day

Today was a MOPS morning!  We have only one meeting a month, so I always enjoy my mom time!  

This morning we heard from a local GYN who presented information about women's health and typical women's concerns.  Of course, the topic everyone was most interested in was birth control, followed closely by decreased libido.  It's always nice to know that I'm not alone!  The GYN said that 90% of the time, decreased libido is due to stress; only about 10% of the time it's due to hormone issues.  I'm not counting on the stress level decreasing anytime soon.  I mean, there's someone calling my name or requesting my help from 8 a.m. - 8 p.m. every day...and I don't see that changing anytime soon.  After our speaker, we discussed some further details about birth control methods, getting first hand information from the other moms in our group about what they've tried and how exactly each option works.  This time was very educational (I've only ever used the pill and that was almost 5 years ago).  After our enlightening conversation, we stamped some cards to be used for notes or thank yous.  What mom can't use more of those?

When the kids and I returned home, we ate a quick bite and then ran errands with Jadie for the rest of the afternoon.  We exchanged some clothes at the mall, had my ring inspected to ensure my lifetime warranty, traded in some movies and video games, exchanged some wall plug face plates and browsed the bathroom vanities at Home Depot, and returned something to Lowe's.  By the time we were at Home Depot, Caleb was displaying his I-haven't-had-a-nap-today behavior.  That was fun...

I made enchiladas for dinner, with one leftover for my lunch at BSF tomorrow.  Jadie's trying out his new video game while I blog and Caleb plays with his GeoTrax.  Poor kiddo.  He's still got an ugly looking rash on his hands and arms.  The nurse from our doctor's office said that if it's only isolated to his hands now, it's probably getting better and we should give it another week.  She did say that it's not contagious.  Let's hope she's right!

1 comment: