Friday, January 8, 2010

Caleb's Dinosaur Cake

**Update**

I finished!  Check out my masterpiece!



**Earlier today**

No, I don't have a picture for you yet.  That's because my first attempt was a miserable failure.

After the cake was baked, it was very uneven and puffed up in the middle.  The solution: use my handy-dandy cake leveler, which is basically a thin wire stretched between two metal legs.  It worked wonders last year with his giraffe cake.  However, this cake was determined to be drestroyed.  When it came out of the oven, it had a hard crusty edge that later refused to be cut by my cake leveler.  Each time I tried, the cake crumbled a little more.  I'll be making a second attempt this afternoon.  Unfortunately, this means I have to make a run to the store.  Grrrr!

1 comment: